Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please support the VitaBook project by sharing your VitaBook translation! Please read the pinned topic about Transifex for instructions, thanks.
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to make translation?

how to make translation? 4 years 5 months ago #1

• stas
hi im tring to make translation to hebrew-israel.
but im not sure how to do so...
i add in the "language" folder new folder named "he-IL" (as i saw in other folders) and i add this folder to the web.
my front end site is in hebrew as well, yet it still in english, maybe im missing some thing ?
(if all goes well ill upload hebrew filed to the form)

hope you can help.
thanks CS
The topic has been locked.

how to make translation? 4 years 5 months ago #2

If you create the folder components/com_vitabook/language/he-IL and put a file named he-IL.com_vitabook.ini in there. This should then work when you select Hebrew as your language.

P.s. Pay attention to the IL being capital letters, most servers run on case-sensitive systems.
VitaBook is our guestbook component for Joomla! 2.5 & 3.x. If you use VitaBook, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

how to make translation? 4 years 5 months ago #3

• stas
hey friend, well i have done what you said, and it didnt worked...
my back-end joomla is in english, and i put in "Extentions>Language menager>Installed-site" to hebrew default.
and after all that its still in english... maybe i missed something.

so i fixed it abit diffrently, i changed the content in file en-GB..
and it worked :D kinda... still it shows me the date in english like "Wednesday, 25 June 2014" any idea how to fix it ??
or why he-IL.com_vitabook.ini didnt worked ??

thanks alot for the help
looking to hear forward from you
CS

how to make translation? 4 years 5 months ago #4

Hi stas,

I suppose you made the translation for VitaBook on Transifex last week as well? Thanks, we will include it in our next update. :-)

After you install an update your "English" (changed) language file will be overwritten, but when the hebrew language file is included in our next update, it should be loaded automatically when your site's frontend language is set to Hebrew-israel.
VitaBook is our guestbook component for Joomla! 2.5 & 3.x. If you use VitaBook, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds